Monday, January 16, 2012

Max on Life

 

 

 Here is the last of the books I reviewed on Spark People. Again you can't click on this photo to see inside.

Monday, April 18, 2011

I just read a good book by Max Lucado, named Max on Life. The format is a question/answer layout...he prints the question someone has asked him, then he prints his reply to the question.

I have never read any of his books before, although I am very familiar with his name. I decided to finally venture into "Max realm" when I saw that this book was on BookSneeze.

I have to admit that when I first started reading it I wasn't very impressed. His answers seemed rushed and not very in depth. The first chapter was a nice read, but not that impressive. Then I started the second chapter and I was hooked! I even came across a passage that helped me do something that I have been struggling with for a while and couldn't bring myself to do it because I knew it would hurt someone I love. He said "Love does whatever is in the best interest of a person" and I realized that no matter how it hurts either of us NOW, I HAD to do what was best for them in the long run! That one sentence had a huge impact on me at this point in my life.
So I have to admit that after the first chapter, I LOVED this book. Max's answers seemed to get deeper and I got more out of the book. He may not have answered the questions about life the same way I may have, but he did answer them in a way that shows love and compassion, and the Spirit of Christ.

Even if you aren't facing something in your life that brings questions, or makes you struggle, (but, really...who ISN'T?) this is a good read just for the insight. I found it very pleasant to read and the way it is laid out it is a quick read. There is a question at the top of the page, then his answer on the rest of the page (sometimes "bleeding over" to the next page. Each chapter is a different category. "Hope", "Hurt", "Help", etc.

I really enjoyed reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment