Monday, January 16, 2012

The Quotable Chesterton By Kevin Belmonte

 

 

Another book I posted on Spark People. I got the picture off of Amazon; you can't click on it to see inside!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

I got the book "The quotable Chesterton" by Kevin Belmonte free from Book Sneeze and have agreed to write a blog "review".
I personally found it interesting for the most part. I am not familiar with Chesterton's work, but the bits that are in this book give me the impression that he spoke his mind. There were some "Quotes" that I thought were dry and not a tasty read, but others I found enlightening, and still other just plain entertaining.The quotes are arranged under "subject" and are alphabetically entered in the book. For example: "Academia", "Accommodation", "Accountability", "Adventure"...etc. Some of the quotes are just a few sentences, while others are several paragraphs. Out of five stars I would give it a three star rating, mainly because I'm not familiar with his work. I think it would help to have read some of the books that these quotes were taken from. I like reading to learn something or to just be entertained, and this book just didn't draw me in like I like to be drawn in. (I guess I'm saying it was too easy to put down.) But, again, in defense of the book, I think it would help if a person was familiar with Chesterton's work, which I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment