Monday, January 16, 2012

Eat Your Peas for Mom

 

 

 

This is a blog I posted on Spark People in April.  

Sunday, April 17, 2011

I got another free book from BookSneeze, and I just had to share it. I'm giving it to my Mom for Mother's Day. It is truly beautiful.
Okay, the name of this wonderful little book is "Eat your peas...for Mom" The words are written by Cheryl Karpen and the art work is by Sandy Fougner. (The artwork alone is worth getting this book for!)
I almost didn't get this book because of the title...I HATE peas! (They are evil little creatures!!!) But I realized that was pretty childish, that I didn't have to eat my peas just because some book told me to, so I went ahead and requested it. Am I ever glad that I did!!!
This is a beautiful book. It has a powerful impact for being so little. Each page is illustrated with beautiful graphics, and each page has a quick heart warming sentiment from a child to a mother.
Examples: "I am truly blessed because you are my mother." "You: tender, loving, smart, beautiful, forgiving, strong, patient, and kind. Me: fortunate." And, simply, "I love you."
I cannot say enough how beautiful the graphics are in this book. This will be a treasure for years to come (and may even make a great gift to be passed from generation to generation!)

No comments:

Post a Comment