Saturday, December 31, 2011

Crocheted Baby Elephant

I'M BAAAAACCCKKKK!!!

Okay, here is the promised crocheted elephant, finally finished. I have learned that one has to actually WORK a project if one wants to ever see it FINISHED! (hahahaha)
This is very easy, but I was just lazy about crocheting. I'd crochet about once a week, and for only a little while at a time. I made up my mind last night that I was going to finish it today, so set out to do just that. I was tired of waiting to see the end result. And, boy oh boy, am I glad I did...
   ...isn't this little guy just the cutest thing???









 This is a close up of where the "arm" attaches to the "neck".



 And this is where the leg is sewn onto the bottom of the elephant.



For anyone that may want to make one of their own crocheted baby elephants, I got the pattern off of red heart yarn website. It is free, downloads in pdf format so it is easy to print, and they have LOTS more free patterns also. Here is a link to the elephant pattern:

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/babys-elephant
 
 I hope it works for you. I'm still new at this blogging stuff and sharing links, etc. Thanks for bearing with me while I learn. :-)

Well, I hope you all have enjoyed seeing my latest finished project. My Mom and I are thinking about crocheting and knitting my brother a little jacket and a bed for his new puppy. If we decide to do them, I will be putting them on here. I want to put some soap here also, but am waiting to get a good camera so the pictures look better.

Thanks for visiting and hope you come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment