Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I read this book several months ago, then loaned it out to several friends. I have gotten it back and am reading it again. I LOVE this book. John MacArthur writes like he is having a conversation with you. Very easy to read. He breaks down how to truly surrender to the lordship of Christ and become the best possible servant to our Savior. I found myself admiring the truths in this book. So many ministers sugar coat the Word, and while John isn't harsh or offensive, he does tell it like it is! We can't continue to live our lives as we did before Christ came into it, and expect to reap the full benefit of Him being our Savior. We must surrender to Christ's leadership. John leads the reader through the scriptures on a journey of self discipline and submission the the will of Jesus. He tells HOW to grow closer to Christ, on a daily basis, and backs it up with scriptures. I will be getting more of his books. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment